Thursday, September 4, 2014

2015 Plans: Too many characters

This year was a total mess. You thought 2011 was bad? HA. LOOK AT ALL THE CHARACTERS I'M RPING! WHEEEE. Honestly, I love all of them and I get obsessed way too easily, which kind of makes it hard to stick with just one thing. So, to hopefully inspire my future self to fucking stick to a small(er) group of characters, I am putting down a list of definites and maybes.

DEFINITE RETURNS:

PSYCHICS

Sammy- I'd have to be a complete monster not to bring her back. She still has her self-esteem issues and she's really fun to RP as. I'm sure she'll bring happiness and kickassery to every plot she's involved in, and she'll probably have a little arc of her own.

Carlos- He's the straight man, and he still has those weird fey things happening to him. Not to mention, he's the De Facto leader of the bunch. Someone has to rein Sammy in, anyway. Or release THE BEAST. He also needs to do more rapping to get some attention in Vegas.

Sol- I didn't really develop him well enough, at least in this year's RP. So I hope to do it much better next year, where he might have his own character arc revolving around masculinity v. femininity. He's Carlos's second in command, and is probably the big ol' mentor to everybody.

Michael- My giant excuse to RP as other characters in one. He's still going to have issues, and Psychicplot will really kick in and revolve more around his past and his powers. His past relationships, his current ones... Besides, I never elaborated on how he ended up with Gemini to begin with. Or, at least, had a split personality. Needs a biiit more character development.

MONDORIANS

Most will be returning because they got a plot that they'll invite the Kobbers over to. As in, all of them.

Janet- Who else would keep those nice, neat summaries? She needs to tone her cockiness down a bit and stop being so naive. She also needs to work on her own speed. And history... history is being erased, and she won't tollerate it any longer!

Hansel- Good god he's a big bag of what. His mental issues need to be addressed, as does his past. The Prince will be a plot point during Mondorianplot, and, to be honest, he's one of the more fun characters to roleplay as. All knightly and stuff, but with severe self-esteem issues! Also he's like Kirby only not really. :B

Juan- Someone's gotta collect the souls of the dead and probably drag Kobber souls back into their own bodies. He's fun to RP as, party for the same reason I like RPing as Mikey: an excuse to bring up more chars to RP. Besides, dogge, and he's the most laid back of the group. And I really want to do this empath thing justice. And what's this God of Death thing about, anyway? He just seems like a giant dork to me.

Belinda- BAND NEEEEERD. Heavily involved in Mondorianplot, being the Monarch's daughter and all. She's boisterous and fun, although calm and collected when needed. When she explodes, though, she explodes. Besides, I haven't seen many music-based characters, and any excuse to belt a villain with a cool song is a good one.

OTHER

Reimu Hakurei- Someone's gotta watch out for Tenshi. Someone's gotta police the streets of Vegas. The take-no-shit attitude I have given her has made her a very interesting character to RP as, and, considering Phantomplot is pretty much setting up Kaito Kid and Reimu to be rivals, things will become even more interesting! Also, she needs to stop people from gambling away everything. Maybe.

Kaito Kuroba/Kaito Kid- Can't leave a plot point hangin, can I? :P He's a normie that can do something on his own, unlike Apollo. Relying on deception, magic, and a good poker face... That's a tricky character, and I would consider it an accomplishment if I can last a whole year with Kaito defeating enemies using simple magic tricks and logic.

POSSIBLES

Kelashanda Ryoto- I never really used her much after initial conception, especially after I thought up of other characters. So maybe I could do her justice next year, where she can finally shine in the spotlight and try to make a big name for herself. I haven't explored the extent of her powers either, so she'd be a neat choice to return next year!

Satoshi - He's been neglected in 2012, and he's late-game here. We don't have many trickster characters, or those that tend to trap stuff, so why not? He's also a dragon and I have an idea for a plot for him...

Scarlet- Chalking it up to obbsession. Not likely to get in, but hey, weapon changing ain't all that bad.

Shiela- VALKRIIIIIE. She's Juan's little buddy and also tied to Mondorian plot, so she is probably the most likely wildcard to get in. Cheerful, naive, and full of childlike wonder... and going to a place full of heroes? She'd probably explode from joy!

Siren- Ricard wants that date. Psychicplot also involves her, at least a little bit. Another high chance of getting in. I mean, hey, illusionry and fey magic? And she's batshit crazy, unlike most of the characters I have. You never know what she might do!

Jill- SHE'LL TAKE YER BOOONES

The rest are left to either cameo (for game chars and Angie) or to stay on Ardea to fix shit up (Dorcha, Henry, Sonia). Prolly.

Hopefully I keep things at a managable level next year. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment