Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Harpy Muses: Levia and how THAT Came to be

Most of you know that I make all sorts of universes and characters that reside in them. Some are inspired by anime (looking at Cu Sith, which was clearly inspired by Fairy Tail). Others, by dreams (Uh, go look at Sophia and Gluttony's little fuckup, yes?). Levia, I can say, came from being inspired by the Final Fantasy series and ripping it off, although as time went on, I eased up on "rip off" and went in a more original direction.

 How'd it come out like this? I was pretty damn bored in high school and needed something to distract myself. RedSpy, as everybody in Chatzy knows him , was sort of my accomplice in working everything out. The basic theme was trust: Trust between comrades, distrust between kingdoms as they try to get power, ties that bind. It would all be kindled by a tiny, gullible, newly-ranked knight, and a stubborn, boisterious, powerful mage who hides behind a thick fog (or now, a bird-like mask). Ego and Id. Wind and fire, fueling the arguments between them until a third member stepped in and calmed them both. A quest to prevent a dark evil from returning by protecting the last remaining heirs of hero's blood (of olden times) and the crowns that, together, keep the seal shut.

I planned it to be some sort of epic in 4 parts, but I was...kind of too lazy to write it. Not only that, ideas change. I added in races and a proper pantheon, so the race of our devious little fire mage changed. (He's a tiefling now, though he hides it well.) I'm planning out a map, even though its tiny as hell on a tiny sheet of paper. Locales are different, politics are different (hell, have I even thought that far?), magic... Okay, the thing about magic has never changed, and that's basically "everybody has magic, but everybody tends to specialize in their own brand, and you gotta have some warriors to take on those who are immune to magic".

Storybuilding is hard, ya'll.

There have been characters that have been cut out from the original and characters added in. Now it even has an alternate universe that I am trying to think about more and write about. I bullshitted some information about Levia throughout year 1 of Zoofights Roleplay, because duuur I was a high schooler in the middle of a bridge program between college and who has time to think on shit? There are certain definites, though: Alex, Xavier, Chuck, and Sarah are must haves. Garnet and Stella, too, but they might not be major characters. Unfortunately.

I'm hoping that I can come up with some definite details about it and eventually make a decent map, but then I'll get nitpicky about the weather. "UGH ITS UP NORTH, IT HAS TO BE COLD, DOESN'T IT? AND SHIT THAT PLACE IS AT THE EQUATOR, IT MUST BE BOILING HOT, TIME TO PUT A DESERT THERE"

For now, though, sit back, relax, and look at this pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/87VarFzX

I GOT THE BEGINNING MYTHOS even though it doesn't sound as nice as Steel Komodo's, oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment