Monday, March 2, 2015

Lord Puddington and the Most Important Meeting

"Ahem!"

 The table was set. The most important people of all history had congregated at this table today. It was a very important day, and a very important meeting. In fact, it was so important, they tried inviting Lady  Kogasa Yamamoto of Melodia. After several attempts, they had to settle for a skype call with the beauty and gem of the kingdom.

Everybody had their tea and their biscuits and cupcakes and all. Princess Parfait would have no less than the greatest of all finger foods at her table. Her godsister, Lady Elrich, was at her side, reading this magazine about overly muscled men and who managed to pin one down. Lady Elrich had such odd interests, but no matter! Lady Renais would have joined their ranks after a long day of sewing up a dress most fitting for his darling Elise- er, his bethrothed, but she had to bow out and handle a few other things. So instead, there was Lord Dovernator (what an odd name!), who was happily pecking at his bowl of birdseed and paying little attention to anything else.

Yes, it was time for the meeting to begin.

 "I have called you all here today because today is very important!" he said. "It is a day where friends meet up and enjoy tea together without worrying about the evils that lurk ahead! A time for relaxation! And I shall start off by asking you this...

 How is your day?"

 Lady Kogasa was the first to speak up, cheery and chipper as ever. "My day's going great~! I went and visited a very snowy place, and I had a lot of fun with snowball fights! I even got to meet the leader, and he's pretty big and gruff! He knows what's best for his kingdom, though!"

 "Mine is going pretty good!" squeaked Princess Parfait as she nibbled on a cupcake. "I read through this cool as heck book about the Pandora War and went ahead and read this 'Whodunit' thingy and I was guessing that the butler did it, and guess what? THE BUTLER DID DO IT. Jerk. He had an attitude and I think Sophie could hear me yelling at a book."

 "No kidding. Your voice carries when you're pissed off, Lilah," Sophia pointed out. "Either way, my day is pretty uneventful. Just bought new clothes, read up on wrestling news, keeping an eye on the other sins, making sure Gluttony doesn't eat all the Zebra Cakes."

 "I could just make more though, Sophie!"

 "And then he'd eat more. He damn nearly bit my fingers off when I tried getting one. Greedy fuck."

 "You shouldn't use such foul language around here!" said the organizer angrily. "I mean... it's appropriate sometimes, but we're having a meeting here and we're trying to keep it as polite as possible!

 Also, don't talk bad about Xavier. He was just feeling a little peckish."

 "Coo," agreed Dovernator before returning to his meal. Or at least, he thought he agreed. Hard to say. He always kept his deepest, darkest thoughts in that tiny little mind of his.

 Sophia frowned. "I hardly call Gluttony the sort of person to be just peckish, but whatever."

 "Cooooo."

 "Don't you sass me!"

 "Cooooooo!"

 "Ahem!" All eyes turned to him once more. "All very respectible answers, and I am glad your days are going so well. As for me, I have just been doing what I do best: Keeping Lady Middleton company, eating as much as I like, and making sure Lord du LeVouse does not end up with a terrible case of Pica. Last time I allowed it, he nearly chewed his bedpost to a mere stump! And I cannot allow him to harm his digestive system any more than I already have!"

"Yikes, Pica's pretty dangerous!" Kogasa said, biting at her fingers. "I heard that some cats have Pica, and they tend to eat everything they can get their hands on! I hope your friend feels better!"

 "That's why we have to give him milk and cookies at night!" the Princess insisted. "If he had milk and cookies, then he wouldn't have a reason to chew on some old bedpost thingy. Milk and cookies taste better than bedposts, anyway!"

 "Not sure why I should care about Gluttony's well-being when I'm set to kill him."

 "Coo?"

 The lord sighed, "Blunt as ever, Lady Elrich. But I consider him a friend, and I would really appreciate it if you can handle him in such a way that does not involve... erm... murder.

Regardless! I think the tea cooled down long enough. Shall we enjoy ourselves and speak of happier things?"

All went smoothly, aside from Lady Elrich's blunt comment. Fun and smiles were shared by all, even though Lady Yamamoto could not enjoy their company in person. They spoke of Vegas and the open sea and a shopping day and all such wonderful things! Wonderful things he would love to join them for.

But... he was just a doll. And he had other, more important matters to attend to.

Soothing Lord du LeVouse's mind after chains of nightmares of death and that awful witch... Keeping Lady Middleton company, so that she did not cry of lonliness...

 Maybe once those were taken care of... both he and Lady Middleton could join them? So that they both can value the company that Lord du LeVouse valued for three years, and throw open the doors of light when all they could see was shadow, locked within a room...

Yes, that would be nice, wouldn't it?

At least for now... this meeting will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment