Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tiny Sparks of Light


"Cassandra."

"Yes? Speak up, and it is Queen Cassandra to you, you little runt!'

"Er, yes, but, uh... I have news."

 "What kind? And I said speak up, dammit!"

 The little imp held out a golden blob... and what looked like a recorder. The tiny fairy took a closer look, only for a familiar mug to appear on screen.

 "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurpiiiiiise~" came the cheerful voice of Gluttony, as he stood in front of his manor with a ton of prinnies, Sophia, and a silver-feathered birdlady, who seemed to be chanting something quietly to herself. "Long time no see, Miss Snooty Whinyface! How's life treating you, hmmm?"

 She grabbed the thing and hissed, "You little bitch! You went and killed Pestus and betrayed us! You're the worst goddamn servant there is! I hope you're calling so you can apologize and-"

"Kiss the grimy excuse for feet you have? Oh, please. I'm far too dignified for that! Besides, you're not exactly my type. So sorry~"

"You....!"

Gluttony cackled a little, apparently enjoying how many shades of red Cassie could turn in under a minute before he continued, "Well, I'm going to let you in on something! I caught wind of your little plans to go to Vegas and stir the pot, thinking you're worth more than the dirt I stand on! And that's so adorable, thinking that you're actually better than you really are! Using everybody else as tools for your little game of 'Pretend!'

But you know... You can just give up this stupid game. Might do your complexion good! Oh, and you'll get to live a few extra years. Kobberitis is a very contageous disease, and kills most wicked people within 6 months or less!"

Like a child who was just told they got grounded, Cassandra yelled, "They're nothing! YOU'RE NOTHING! I'll show you, I'll show them, I'll show everyone that I. MEAN. BUSINESS. You'll see... You'll ALL see!"

"All I see is a whiny baby who needs a itty bitty bottle and a nap~" Gluttony retorted gleefully. "Buuuut if you insist..."

The grin Gluttony gave her was nearly enough to make Cassandra pop a blood vessel.

"I'll see you there, ready for war~"

And in a flash of light, the manor... and the ground it sat on... was gone.

And apparently, so was Cassandra's temper, as she cursed loud enough to wake the dead.

------------------------------------


"Feckin feckin FECK"

"Belinda, swearing isn't gonna get you anywhere-"

"Shut it, Juan! You see that hot mess out there? Da's gone completely mad! His army's slaughterin' his own people and marchin towards us! Hansel's locked 'imself up in his room again and Janet went to go find this Troy spirit in Princess Petra's castle! And we haven't heard a peep from Horus and Arawen! Things are goin' to shit and war's basically at our doorstep!

Feck, I need a drink!"

"I know how you feel, but now's not the time to lose our heads. We have to think this through carefully, and try to reduce casualties."

"I know that! I got me elites handlin the situation and everything!"

"Then what's bothering you?"

 "I... I..."

 "...It's because this isn't like your dad at all, is it?"

 "...Yeah. That's not me da. Me da's been tryin' hard not to be an ass, like all the others who were Monarch. Tryin' hard to resist. But maybe... maybe he's losin his touch. Maybe he's turnin' like all the others. Maybe he's turnin' into a mad king...

...Maybe he's not even a man anymore. Just a dead body in a suit of armor tellin' 'im what to do.

I want to help him, Juan, but dammit... what if I go there and he's not me da anymore?!? What if all this stallin' has been for absolute shit?!?"

"I can't claim to know everything, 'linda... but we won't know unless we try. We have to try. If we don't try... how can we know?"

"Yeah... yer right. Only time can tell... and even if he's gone... It'd be a goddamn good excuse to get rid of that Monarch once and for goddamn all.

Where's Shiela, by the way? Thought the little valkrie was with ya."

"Er... Well, she said something about possibly going to Vegas, and trying to get the Kobbers to help soon. Not sure if she'll be staying there for the year, but hey, I don't mind."

"She does know it's on a different planet, right? How is she gonna pay fer the tickets?"

"...

...I think I can hear my wallet crying."

"Won't be just yer wallet cryin' once ya see how expensive space travel can get!"
---------------------------------------



"Riiiiingabel!"

The handsome mercenary turned his head towards his white-haired companion, rushing towards him at top speed.

"Riiiingabel! I found a nice appartment for us here in Vegas, and it's really nice! Well, more like hotel room to rent out, but you know! It's right where the Kobbers are gonna be, and I'm gonna be filming there-"

"My, my! Do slow down; you almost seem like you're about to explode from excitement!"

"Well, who wouldn't? The Kobbers are here, it looks nice, there's a donut shop down the street..."

"-And many beautiful women, it looks like!"

 Kevin was not particularly impressed by how fast Ringabel's eyes were moving from one pretty lady to the next. Nor was he impressd when Ringabel embrassed himself like the girlfriend he never had.

"Oh, so many wonderful women: busty, curvy, short, tall... And one of them might become mine~"

"Might have to work hard for that, Ringabel. It will probably be easy for you, since you're a mercenary! I read that the Kobbers go on lots of adventures, and some of them get paid well for their efforts! Oh, and did you know that they beat up a planet last year? I think someone caught it on tape! Want me to show you?"

 "Ah, er, perhaps? It might do well to know who'll I be working with."

"You're saying that because you wanna look at all the cute girls!"

"Ah, you see right through me! As expected of you, dear! But enough of that; shall we go out for a midnight stroll?"

"Ringabel, it's eight. But sure, sounds like fun! But can we pay a visit to the Stop 'n Shop? I'm getting kinda hungry..."


-------------------------------

"Bro."

"Yes?"

"You know what we gotta do?"

"Nope."

"SEND OUT THEM GRADUATION INVITATIONS HOMIE! WE 'BOUT TO HAVE A KOBBER PARTY UP IN MAY AWWWW YEAH

SAMMY GONNA ROCK THAT CAP 'N GOWN AND THEY GONNA CRY CUZ THEIR LIL SAMMY GETTIN ALL GROWN UP

THEN

I'MMA BE HANDLIN' THE ARCAAAADE BROOO!

WATCH OUT, VEGAS! SAMMY'S COMMIN FOR YA, WITH HER BOIS MIKE 'N SOL!"

"I think you're way too excited for this, Sammy."

"You're just jealous because you can't come, Carlos."

"I'm fine not dealing with this year's craziness, thanks."

---------------------------

"Reimu?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"I'm listening."

"Why in the world are we in a SUSHI BAR?!?"

"Because shut up, Kaito. The fish is not going to eat you, by the way."

"But th-their eyes... their mouth... their... EVERYTHING!"

"Oh shut up and eat your food, dammit."

No comments:

Post a Comment