Thursday, October 13, 2011

Buckets of Fun! (and PLOT SHEENANIGAAANS)

Oh man, I have Kirby Mass Attack. If you see a lot of kirbies in the bar, you know what my deal is.

CLEARLY, I HAVE ISSUES~

Poyo! :D

All joking aside, I will be tossing a few references here and there. I swear, though... For a kirby game people tend to complain about ("WAAAH WHERE ARE MY COPY ABILITIES AND FLOATING WAAH" "shush Kirby: Return to Dreamland will be out soon ya wankah" ), it is BUCKETS of fun. Seriously. The music is great, the graphics are good, you get to control up to ten.. count 'em, TEN little kirbies and flick them around! The game is based off of taking this buggers, solving puzzles, and flicking them around like a douchebag. Also, they zerg rush enemies. They are cute little dangerous zergs.

My favorite part about this game? The puzzle element. Trying to get everything involves a lot of thinking and maneuvering around obsticles. You gotta use your head for most of the game! You also have to be very careful, for kirbies die EASILY. (Two hits and they're out.) Fortunately, you can just zerg rush their souls and drag their asses back to earth to revive them... 

Not only that... Poyos. Lots of them. To some, this might be the equivallent of Navi's "HEY, LISTEN!"  To others, like me, it is the most adorbable thing ever. I shit you not. 

Also, ten jumbo, rainbow, invincible kirbies. The Kaijus of Dream Land, surely.


And now, to more serious matters... Plot for next year. RedSpy mentioned on skype once that instead of choosing characters that fit around the theme, we just make fit our own characters to the theme. Like, here... we have a lot of characters that aren't from the 80s, but they still do 80s things. So yeah, most of my characters will return, barring major issues. I have a plot idea for next year..

It will revolve around a dark force that Kirby accidently (and unknowingly) brought  to ZF on his way there, one that possesses others at night and causes them to do dirty deeds. It'll be the typical "WOOORLD DOMINATION" kind of villain, but this one is a bit smarter than the rabble. He will try to get others blamed for his crimes, and even gets Kirby imprisoned by possessing him and releasing horrid monsters never meant to roam the world. 

This will tie in heavily to SteelKomodo's RAEG plot if it happens. This force FEEDS on anger and hatred. With all the tension and people shoving blame on others, he'll be making the most delicious ham, cheese, bacon, and mustard sandwich out of that rage. Kirby may not rage at all, but he WILL be absolutely miserable. All for the sake of character development for all. 

I'll try not to be invasive with my plot, though. And I'll only possess those who will allow me to control their characters... Usually it will happen when everybody else is offline, the darkest hours of the bar. Or earliest. Who knows?

It will probably take a month or two to come full circle. I'm not trying to make a Legend of Zelda, I'm trying to make a Kirby game... in terms of plot length anyway. Might go on for longer, depending on how others feel. I just don't want to repeat the same mistake that caused the whole tension between Cornwind and the others.

For now, what do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. I think planning for next year at all is a folly. We will all come to next year with a million ideas and trip over each other trying to do them.

    I think there is still time for a good plot this year. We've probably got until the end of October to do whatever we like, and then hopefully everyone will be around November 1st for my birthday :D XP

    I'm sure we could probably do the Kirby plot this year if you just put it out there. Then again, I'm not here to tell you when to do plots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With King College and probably only a few weeks of ZF left? Perish the thought! Besides, I pretty much said to myself to keep the drama to a minimum. We already had our big battles; we need a break from them. Maybe somewhere else, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For next year... All I had was small to medium scaled subplots planned for any of the characters I would have eventually picked to bring in. Personally, I don't yet feel comfortable enough with my skill level to try an overarching plot- I would rather just skim the tops of everyone Else's brilliance XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guh, Sarah will not be happy if next year starts and we immediately launch into a half-dozen grimdark plots. :(

    Widow Maker wouldn't be happy either, but in a different way.

    ReplyDelete