Thursday, October 6, 2011

More Kirby Mania

Goddamn it Goops, you got me into a tangent. A Kirby tangent.

Like I mentioned in his blog, I was really hooked on Kirby. Kirby is the whole reason I'm here now... I really started foruming around Kirby's Rainbow Resort (bless your souls, KindarSpirit and friends) and actually got my (mediocre) start in RPing there. Mind you, it was more casual than serious, but eeeeh.

As for Kirby games I have played? Weeeelll... Most were emulated rather than owned, so I'm terribly sorry D:

Kirby's Dream Land (Extra Mode... I WILL CONQUER YOU ONE DAY)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (My first exposure to Kirby, and probably one of my favorites)
Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble (Dammit why can't I play you anymoooore)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Addicting songs are addicting.)
Kirby's Adventure (I admit, I haven't played the original 'til recently. I'm sorry.)
Kirby Super Star (OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS GODLY)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Pitch 4 Life, bitches.)
Kirby's Dream Course (Read: Kirby Golf.)
Kirby's Avalanche (I used to suck at this, then I became a total boss. My sister hates me for it, though.)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (YES. JUST PURE AND UTTER YES)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (If the AI weren't so stupid, I'd 100% this game no sweat... *sigh* )
Kirby Air Ride (Only at a cousin's house. I never actually owned the game...)
Kirby Squeak Squad (This was stolen. JUST as I got the Green Spraycan, too! FUCK.)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (When I heard KSS was remade, I screamed. Then it had more games. Then I exploded.)

I intend on adding Kirby Mass Attack and Kirby: Return to Dream Land to this list of games I played. Fuck yeaaaah.

Also, I pose two questions for you all... What are YOUR favorite abilities and, if you've played Amazing Mirror and/or Squeak Squad, what's your favorite Spraycan? Oh, favorite Air Rides too!

As for me, I love the hell out of Ice and Plasma, and I typically use the Green(Kusamochi), Ocean, and Chocolate spray cans.

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had played more Kirby games than the one on the N64 so I could talk/understand Kirby-related tangents with the rest of you =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend Kirby Super Star Ultra to get started. Not only is it pretty much twelve (sixteen? I forget) games shoved into one game card, you get the true Kirby experience with Copy Abilities and platforming. It's out for the Nintendo DS and all. If you approve of emulation (or have an SNES and have money to blow), start off with Kirby Super Star.

    There's also the Kirby Wiki if you need it. And I'm always willing to help out!

    Crystal Shards was boss, though. Not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Mirror: It's all about the brown paint!
    Air Ride: I like King Dedede! Or the Wing Glider.

    Power: Being MADE OF YARN!!!!

    But Emulators? Tsk tsk tsk, a Kirby fan won't even support the creators by buying their games! For shame! I NEVER emulate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame being poor. I actually own KSSU and Squeak Squad at one point, but again, Squeak Squad got stolen.

    Yeah, I'm a terrible fan. Sue me. I should get some Kirby Games on the VC, I hope... If they won't burn through my wallet like a mofo xP

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother has Dreamland 3 so I've played through that.
    My brother also had Adventure, which I've also beat

    I own:
    Air Ride
    Amazing Mirror
    Super Star Ultra
    Avalanche
    Dream Course
    Epic Yarn
    64: Crystal Shards

    I collect video games though, even though I don't have a lot of money often. I briefly had a job though, so I blew a lot of that income on vidja games :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abilities: Yo-Yo, Hammer, K64's Spark/Cutter and Fire/Cutter
    Color: Pink, dark blue, and white
    Air Ride: Wagon Star, Hydra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've played Nightmare in Dreamland and Canvas Curse all the way through and a little bit of Amazing Mirror and Epic Yarn (with Canvas Curse being the only one I paid money for, heh).

    Nightmare in Dreamland has been my favourite of those but Epic Yarn is so flippin' adorable. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ability: Jet, and the goddamn Double Lightsaber from 64. Hell, just 64 in general!

    Color: Carbon. Black and orange for the win.

    Air Ride: Wagon Star and Swerve Star. Boosting is overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED the Wave Star. It was my go-to star every time.

    Another favorite is that my friends and I would all grab a Wheelie Bike and be a gang.

    I did sometimes use the Wagon Star but I ALWAYS called it the Kowasaki Cart.

    Other than that...sometimes I'd use the Jet Star. I just really liked it's design.

    Now you've made me miss it TT_TT

    ReplyDelete