Friday, September 30, 2011

Alex and Co.: An Analysis

It's nearing the end of the tournament, and I think it's about time I wrapped up all the changes with my characters throughout the tournament. Besides, a walk through memory lane is always nice!

Alex the Janitor was once but a simple janitor, cleaning up giant, gory messes and keeping the place tidy for others. Yes, five years ago he was a knight, but that didn't matter. Until the Big Bar Brawl, he was rather timid and usually hid in the shadows, popping into the bar from time to time. Once the big bar brawl happened, though...

Dear god, did my inner RPer bloom. I got rid of the generic Fighter avatar I had and put in Ramza as a placeholder; I wrote down stupid amounts of words describing Alex and his past alongside with his preparations... This was where the REAL fun started. I ended up dragging Goops into it with Sarah crushing on Alex, and I regret absolutely nothing. Writing for the tiny knight has never been so much fun! He went from being shy and timid to actually swinging into the bar every day and being ad'aaaawrable alongside Sarah, and telling his snippets of his time in Levia. He became a memetic badass of sorts with all of his deaths and ressurections. His idiot hair rose to glory and now has a girlfriend of its own! Alex HAS come a long way ever since that fateful day, hasn't he?

Now I'm just eager to just put this quote into play...

"During the war in Levia, people began to call me the 'Wind God.' Let me show you WHY."

James the Squirtle was once a scardy-cat. He cared for his trainer a lot but was treated poorly once Morris got his hands on a Charmander. He never really had a friend to talk to about this, so he grinned and bore it until he came into the Bar. He made friends with Erebus and gave him a pair of his shades, then cheered him on in the Big Bar Brawl. The little turtle got a lot of development after that: He found his trainer, found the Charizard tamed by Sine X. Cosine, got his ass kicked but managed to level up JUUUUST enough to become a Warturtle... Then he went back with his trainers and later returned as a Badass Blastoise.  I kinda fell off the wagon with him, though...  he's back as MechaJames, though! Once the string of Fites are over, I WILL request a MechaJames vs. Erebus fight. I can't hold back with that anymore.

Stella Lockheart was introduced as a derpy babysitter who loved blabbing her mouth off. She forgot about everything concerning the kids by combining a Pineal Colada and a CP Smasher/Stunner, then after calling up the hospital for Alex's sake after the triple B, she went back home to chill. She came back as still a chatty orator, but she was a tad snarky and had a lot of prankster in her. Oh my, it was fun. She class changed to Ninja much later in the tournament after someone mentioned she could pass as one, and with it, she became a bit more hostile and snarky. It led to an outburst later, but now she's back to her chatty, decent self.  This ninja orator was a curveball of sorts, and I spontaneously came up with the idea of Stella x Rain when she was relatively new. Out with the bad memories and in with the good! I must say, all worked out rather well.

Garnet came in at first as a joke posing as Sarah for Alex's sake. I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring her back, so I decided to let a tractor determine whether she stays. Well, that's history, and now she's working under JRM and managed to reveal Pech's softer side. Pech, possibly the grouchiest active bargoer, is in a relationship with her. Holy crap, I did not see that coming. Okay, I admit, I kind of did, but hot damn. She's not as easy to write for...mainly because she's a barbarianness and can't really talk right. Most of her backstory is intertwined with Alex's and Stella's. I'll probably think of something...one day. Still have to send her off on that mission Harry was talking about...

And finally, Kirby. He's a fairly simple character with a background most people know about. He is probably the second most fun character I could ever write for, mainly because I blended game canon and anime canon together. I wondered if I should have him talk, but I pretty much stuck with the anime's portrayal of him: Lots of "Poyos," the ocassional word, names.... and added in expressing what he wants through pictures. It's not as easy writing for him, but with plenty of expressive pictures given by the Kirby Wiki and a lot of determination, I managed to make it work for the sake of fun. And goddamn, I regret nothing about it. He is just d'aaaaaaw. I had to pull a fast one, though... Kirby came out in the early nineties, and since this is 80s Zoofights we're talking about... Well, puffball, you better take up Sintendo's offer to make your life a series of video games fast!

Honestly, I love writing for all of my characters. All the relationships and all the drama... it was all just a little game of "How would THEY act?" to me. It was rather enjoyable! So I give all of my fellow RPers a big thank you for helping me have a blast writing all of these characters.

A special thank you, however, goes out to RedSpy. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't even be here! I actually considered giving up RPing and just quietly gaming, but he dragged me into this and..well, the rest is history.

6 comments:

  1. And to think my thought process when first posting "White Mage 3" with hearteyes was just "they're both Final Fantasy characters, durr".

    I am wondering what your initial reaction was when you saw Sarah had grown an idiot hair. :3

    I got the idea from coming across a picture of a white mage with one and I thought "Hey now... THAT could work..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you first foreshadowed it, I didn't know a thing.. then I read the post again, and I was like "She...shew grew an idiot hair? The two are more alike than anybody would ever know!"

    it was then followed up with a long "d'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good d'aww!

    I had contemplated making it so the hair was ALWAYS THERE and Sarah had just never mentioned it, and it was the real reason she liked Alex's so much, but that didn't work because she's taken the hood off several times, like for the pool parties, the time she drank a Snapture Ready, and any time she fell off her stool from excessive binging. So it just... showed up.

    Idiot hairs work in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ḭ̩̥ͧ͌ͨ́ͦ͆ͧ̋ͯ̉ͫͨ̈́̀͝ͅT̸ͤ̎̀̓̈͋ͬͣ̈̏̈ͭ̕҉̡͖̹̱̬̻̱̹̥̳͚̣̝̙̦̥̭̲͞ͅͅW̋͋̄ͥ̅ͭ͑ͦ̉ͥ͆̓ͩͮ́̚͏̸͚͓̺͎̗͢͝ͅȊ͓̻͍̞̪͙͙̝͚̻̭̲̙̹̬̪ͬ̍͋ͨ͐͆̀L̷̸̮͖̳̲̰͎̱̱͍̝͒͊̋ͨ͆̆ͦͧ̓ͨͯͮ͛́͠L̶̑̈́̆̈̔̿̐̐͌͆ͯ͡͏̬̲̥̜͙̗̥̞͙̫̙̜ͅC̩̖̥̲͎͍̝̝̈ͦͥ͋̒ͬ̍͜͜͞ͅỚ̸ͧ̂̍ͥͦ̐̇ͣͦ̇̓͋ͣ́̋̇̚͡҉͍͚̥̺̼̩̖̙̻̞̗̫̲̳̺͘M̢̨͎̞̺͓̯ͨ̓̍̍̈́ͨͯͮͥͦ̉ͭ̏̀͢E̼̖̞͒̒̌͋ͤͧ̊̄̔ͣ̔ͦ̃ͤ̋͊̿͢ͅI̸̢̜̮͓̝̤̗̠̬͙͚͚̼ͤͯ̄̓̓̋̂̑͠ͅŅ̸ͯ̌ͬ̾̀̌͑͌̃ͥ̊ͦ̋̕͜͏͍̤̭̹̞̫̖̯̝͓̰̥̭͍̞̭̹ͅT̡͈̲͍ͧͫ̎ͯͦ͑͋̑̓ͯ̆̎̑͌͟ͅͅH̵̑̔̊ͤ̂̆̚͏̛̺̳̘̣̖̻͔̱̪̝̠̫̖Ȩ̡͖̗̳͔͈̯̯͇̩̞̭̈́ͨͤ͂̔͗̃̓̆ͨ̊ͫ̅̇̈Sͪ̿̀ͦ̀͆ͥ̅ͧͨ̏̌͆͑ͦ͒̍́̓͢͜҉̧̼̯̭̻̰͍͟ͅE̶̸̸̴̙̣̖̼̹̺̥̼̘̳͕̮̜ͣͯ̓ͯ̀͝C̏̋̋̍̆̒͠҉̷̦̝͚͉̤̮͢Ọ̴̧͎̭̮͈̳̻̗̜̮̲̝͊ͣ͆̐ͥ̀͠Ṅ̡͈̦͍̹͖̼̮͇͍̤͙͓̥͕̙͚̭͙͒͆͌̎̏̎̄ͨ̀͝ͅD͂̊ͣ͂̀ͪ̐̈͗̇͒̍̔̍̃͠҉̦̭̪͍Ţ̴̘̠̫̮̥͖̳̪̪͎̩̟͕̟̤̝̫͛͗ͤ̅ͫ̂̌̌͐̒́̑̃͛́̌̾͒͞ͅÎ̵̡͖̠̯͔̎̉͗͆̂̿͜͜͟ͅͅͅM̸̴̡͖̩̠̖̻͈̺̟̝͍͒͂̊̈́ͩ̎̑̒ͫ͐͋͗͌ͥ̃ͭ̂͠E̛̋̒͋̀͐̃̊ͥͩͫ͗̈́͒͗͑̈҉̻͎̬̱̱̺̦̯͙̦͈͖̙ͅO̷̶̘̻̼̼̟̟̖̩͓̝̲̠̮̗̯͐̒͗͆̐̽̓̓̾̈̊͒͊ͯ̕͘͢F̨̼̤͔̪̫̦̩̪̜͒̇̆̒̓ͯͧͧ̈́̄̄ͦ̾̏̈͐ͤ̚͘͜͞͞R̡̘̥͔̗̳̬͖͉̝͎͕̹̐̏̂̀̌̾ͣ̑̅ͯ̚͜Śͭ̈̄͆́̊͒̏̒̚͏̪͓͕̠̪̥̮̝̀͠

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm shaking with terror over here. Mr. Evil Midnight was as hardcore as villains get and we beat the shit out of him five goddamn times. What makes you think you'll be any different, Zalgo? *flipoff*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second what that mantis said. and I say GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. THIS IS A HAPPY PLACE.

    ReplyDelete